Friday night Tony and I hosted around 30 of our best friends for our Annual Christmas Party. I started this party when I moved here 5 years ago and there were 8 of us there, now I had around 30 people in our little townhouse. I made lots of different appetizers and dips. These recipes are all easy and can be made ahead of time. I will share the links of the recipes so that you can recreate them.
- Rachael Ray Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Rachael Ray Jalapeno Popper Dip
- How Sweet Eats Baked Mac and Cheese Cupcakes
- KERF Matt Crack(ers)
- Mama Pea’s Christmas Dough Balls
Recipes I will be sharing this week:
- Crock Pot Candy
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
- Spinach and Artichoke Wonton Cups
- Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Dates
- Garlic Cheese Dip
I was a bad food blogger and forgot to take pictures of everything. Here are a few of the ones I did remember to take.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Baked Mac & Cheese Cups
Christmas Shaped Matt Crack(ers)
Spinach & Artichoke Wonton Cups
Bacon Wrapped Dates
Dough Balls and Candy
Mint Chocolate Pretzel Rods
M&M Christmas Pretzel Rods
Finally some snapshots of the guests of the party:
Now for 2 super easy recipes that I made and would like to share.
Garlic Cheese Dip
- 1 Block of Light Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Jar of Old English Cheese (you can find it near the velveeta at the grocery store, it doesn’t need to be refrigerated)
- 1-2 tsp. of Garlic Salt
- Mix all 3 ingredients together until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite dipper or Matt Crack(ers).
- 16 oz. Unsalted Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 16 oz. Salted Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 16 oz. Milk Chocolate Chips
- 16 oz. White Chocolate Chips
- 16 oz. Vanilla Bark
- Layer peanuts first, then chips and bark into a crock pot.
- Do not stir. Cook on Low for 2 hours.
- Stir to mix and spoon out on to a wax paper covered cookie sheet. Smooth so that you have a semi-flat bark. I usually get two cookies sheets full with one batch.
- Once cool, break into small pieces and Enjoy!
I was able to finish my Christmas shopping this weekend and still found time to make some soup and muffins to take to work tomorrow for the start of our holiday party week. I will be sharing those recipes soon!
We are hoping to wake up to a dusting of snow tomorrow. I am trying to not get my hopes up but I can’t wait to see what we end up with. I have a big week coming up so I will try my best to post everyday.